Out of all supplements, meal replacement ones are the most researched. Researchers discovered that meal replacements are usually effective for one to five years. Over the course of a 10-year study, researchers found that those who consumed meal replacement supplements were 33 pounds thinner than the control groups. Although meal replacements are safe and effective, people should only consume the ones that have less sugar.
Another excellent supplement to take for weight loss is calcium. Besides improving bone health, calcium supplements can also improve the effectiveness of a weight loss regimen. A lack of calcium often leads the body to stockpile food for energy use. When people consume an adequate amount of calcium, their body has an easier time breaking down fat and burning fuel.
Fat burners can also help with the weight loss process because they contain ingredients that can decrease the size of fat cells. Studies have shown that fat burners can decrease the body weight of a moderately obese person by 4.6 percent within 12 weeks. While there are no quick fixes, fat burners and other supplements can still have a positive effect on weight loss programs.
The process of detoxification involves dietary and lifestyle changes to reduce the intake of toxins and improve elimination. It is very important to avoid chemicals, from food or other sources, refined food, sugar, caffeine, alcohol, and tobacco to help minimize the toxin load. Drinking extra water and increasing fiber by including more fruits and vegetables in the diet are steps in the detoxification process.
There are many reasons to detoxify or cleanse our bodies – mainly to do with health, vitality, and rejuvenation – to clear symptoms, treat disease, make a lifestyle change, and sometimes to begin a weight loss program.
How’s your space? If I were to come to your house right now and take a food audit, how many temptation foods would I find? How many bags of chips, boxes of cookies or chocolate bars? How many sweet or fatty treats are in your space that could stand in the way of you achieving your health goals? Remember, if it isn’t there you can’t eat it. Set yourself up for success; make it easier not to fail by cleansing your house of all and any foods which are not going to be part of the new you and your new lifestyle.
An effective detox program can increase energy, reduce weight and eliminate subtle and mysterious chronic symptoms of non-optimum health.
Raspberry ketones have been on the market for a while now and they have really hit the ground (or shelves) running! Research has shown that raspberry ketone may aid weight-loss when combined with regular exercise and a healthy, whole foods diet.
Raspberry ketone comes from red raspberries and it is the primary aroma compound of red raspberries. This aroma compound regulates adiponectin, which is a protein used by the body to regulate metabolism. Raspberry ketones cause the fat in your cells to get broken up more effectively, thus helping your body burn fat faster. Dose recommendation is 100mg per day. To compare this to eating raspberries, researchers say that in order to get the same benefit from the whole fruit, you would have to consume 90 pounds of raspberries!!!
The claims behind this product are very enticing, now to see if it can live up to all of this hype!
- Whey Protein a by-product of cheese manufacturing: supports protein synthesis and muscle development.
- Whey products can vary in the amount lactose, minerals, fat and proteins (including lactoferrin, beta-lactoglobulin, alpha-lactalbumin, glycomacropeptide, and immunoglobulins).
- Whey is a popular dietary protein supplement because it contains a full spectrum of essential amino acids and high concentration of branched-chain amino acids (BCAA).
- Amino acids are the basic building blocks of proteins that are essential to human metabolism, growth and development.
- BCAAs-leucine, isoleucine, and valine are needed for the maintenance of muscle tissue, preserving muscle stores of glycogen (a storage form of carbohydrate) and helping to prevent muscle protein breakdown during exercise.
- BCAA are readily oxidized as an energy source during stress.
Weight gain has been blamed on quite a few things in the past: sugar, carbs, water, toxins, and even genetics. Many people find themselves cringing when they find out they’ve put on a little extra weight and their reflection in the mirror is looking a little more round these days. However, according to a new study conducted by the State Key Laboratory of Microbial Metabolism and School of Life Sciences and Biotechnology in Shanghai, a certain strain of bacteria may be to blame for that extra weight.
In the study, several mice were given samples of a bacteria known as Lipopolysaccharide endotoxin that originated from human volunteers. The toxin made up 35% of the bacteria in the patient’s gut. Once the sample was administered, the mice began to show signs of inflammation-like weight gain and decreased insulin resistance. When the amount of bacteria decreased, the mice lost weight and insulin resistance returned to normal. In essence, the lab results suggest that the presence of this bacteria is a contributor to obesity in humans.
These results shed new light on the causes of weight gain, possibly even opening up a new avenue for weight loss techniques and using science to target obesity. In light of this new information, weight loss techniques advocating the cleansing of certain bacteriums may soon find their way on store shelves and infomercials sooner than expected.
- Consider removing the kitchen television. The combination of easily available snacks, a place to sit and a TV on can be a recipe for diet disaster! It’s all too easy to slip into mindless eating habits.
- Remove bad temptations! If you see it, you’re more likely to eat it. Get rid of the cookie jar, bags of chips, candy, baked goods and other common trigger foods. Also, be sure to put food-prep ingredients (peanut butter jar) away the very moment you’ve finished using them, to prevent absentminded nibbling.
- Tempt your taste buds with fruit. Place a fruit bowl front and center so that a healthy snack is the closest food within reach.